Sunday 17 January 2016

Grateful 17:366

Today I am grateful for...
Chairs!

Chairs that I have sat on at church for the last 34 years. 
Chairs that came from the old church to the new. 
Chairs from which I used to collect hymnbooks.
Chairs that have seen me through my childhood and teenage years, evening services with my feet on the chair in front.
Chairs that have seen me baptised, married and my two boys dedicated. 
Chairs that have seen me go to university, spend a year in Spain and move to Switzerland for two years. And still been there on my return. 
Chairs that knew my Dad, were moved and manhandled by him, and saw him remembered at his Thanksgiving service.
Chairs that have seen my joy and sadness, laughter and tears; seen me act, dance and sing. 

And whilst I'm grateful for all that, I'm also grateful that next week we will sit on (the long awaited and long debated) new chairs! 



No comments:

Post a Comment